Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing a MCF5272  with CFFlasher  CLI

Jump to solution
meka_tama
Contributor I

Hi,

I am flashing a Coldfire MCF5272 with the CFFlasher 3.1.10 on Windows 7.

If i use the GUI everythings works fine, but when i try to get the same result with the CLI it doesn´t work.

I tried it with:

CFFlasher.exe -t TARGET -p FILE -s -bdm PE_USB_ML

The programm tried to flash and it seems to work (no errors, just reports that the programm started and finished), but when I verify the result with the CFFlasher the data is just 0xFFFFFFFF.

It seems that only the erase works but not the programming.

There is an old discussion (https://community.freescale.com/thread/21082) with the same problem but there is no answer.

What may be the cause? If this is a problem in the CFFlasher, is there another programm to flash a MCF5272 (except the PROGCFZ)?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Well, the Cfflasher is quite old FSL free Flash Programming tool for FSL evaluation board. There really has problems & bugs with the CLI and for the reason that this tool is EOL now, so we have no resource to update the bug any more. (Anyway, the GUI is the recommend and should work without problem.)

Best Regards,

Fang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Well, the Cfflasher is quite old FSL free Flash Programming tool for FSL evaluation board. There really has problems & bugs with the CLI and for the reason that this tool is EOL now, so we have no resource to update the bug any more. (Anyway, the GUI is the recommend and should work without problem.)

Best Regards,

Fang

0 Kudos
meka_tama
Contributor I

Thanks for the answer.

I tried to use the CFFlasher in a script, thats the reason i wanted the CLI. Now im abusing the GUI by simulating keyboard inputs with the win32api. Works quite well.

0 Kudos