cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.9 project fails to load/execute; worked in 10.8.3

christopherbarn
Contributor I

Hello,

We are working on heterogeneous application with the B4860QDS.  We were using CW 10.8.3 because we have not had any success using 10.9 at all.  We are now satisfied with the software generally speaking and we need to move to 10.9.  With v10.8.3 we were able to build, convert the .eld to a .bin file and then load it using the /ipc/dsp_bt command.  When we load the project in 10.9, then update a few defines (due to name changes between versions) we are able to compile and generate a .bin file.  When we attempt to use the /ipc/dsp_bt command the software fails to signal to the PA that it has loaded (the software gets stuck at "waiting for hw sem" (or similar text)).

We have attempted to use a probe to attach to the starcores and see what's going on but we're unsure if what we're seeing is valid or not.  The code appears to be stuck in an exception ("EmptyIntHandler" if I recall correctly) and trying to force the processor to move to valid code isn't successful.  Moreover, we stuck a while(1) at the begging of main() and it doesn't seem to stop the software in the while loop.  This indicates to me that the software is not properly executing (or loading perhaps?) at all.

The same issue occurs with the demo software provided with x10.9 as-is.

Any ideas on how to proceed would be appreciated, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies