cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to connect jtag to mpc8309 board with codewarrior 8.8

konduripraveen
Contributor II

Hi all,

i am currently working on the evaluation board of mpc8309twr board, and i am trying to connect my board through code warrior 8.8 with service pack 2 patch through which i can connect to my core 8309, but i am unable to connect to my board and in logs i was showing me "unknown error" , so can anyone help me in figuring out the correct procedure to connect to my board with help of code warrior 8.8 + USB jtag to my MPC 8309 TWR board.

Thanks.......!

Regards,

K.Praveen.

Labels (1)
10 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Konduri,

I don't know if SP2 is better option for CW for PA V8.8.

To avoid problem we recommend to install and use the last version which is CW for PA V8.8.6 for classic version.

Windows 7 was supported since PA V8.8.5.

We recommend to install:

CW for PA V8.8

Patch 8.8.5

Patch 8.8.6

By this way you will have the last classic version for PA.

Attached you will find the 8.8.5 & 8.8.6 release notes.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

satishkumary
Contributor II

hello Pascal,

I am also facing the same problem. can you please post the links to patches(8.8.5 & 8.8.6) for code-warrior V8.8.

Thanks & regards

Satish Kumar

0 Kudos

konduripraveen
Contributor II

hello pascal,

Thanks for your response i have installed both 8.8.5 & 8.8.6 patches in windows 7 & windows xp. In windows xp case i am sucessful in reading the flash from hardware diagnostics but for only once (this mechanism was observed by continues resetting the mpc8309 board) and then it failed to access again, so i don't think its code warrior issue but i think there will be some method of access 8309 board. can you please help me in that???

Thanks ......!

Regards,

K.Praveen.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello konduri praveen,

According to your description, I suspect there is no valid RCW on the target board. Please use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file from Debug Version Settings->Remote Debug->Edit Connection->Use JTAG Configuration file, please select an appropriate JTAG configuration file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains\.

If your problem remains, please capture CCS log to me to do more investigation.

Please create a sample project following new project wizards, enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable logging, then connect to the target from Debug->Connect, and you will capture CCS log in CodeWarrior IDE, and attach the CCS log.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

konduripraveen
Contributor II

hello Yiping yang,

we are using the trial version of code warrior 8.8 and we are not having this options enabled in our tool. and coming to this configuration file we are giving the 8309_init.cfg which was provided by Freescale along with the evaluation board. there are no changes in that .cfg file.

Thanks & Regards,

K.Praveen.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello konduri praveen,

If you feel inconvenient to capture the ccs log, you also could use the following commands to do verification.

Please open CodeWarrior Connection Server from Start->All Programs->Freescale CodeWarrior->CW for PA V8.8->CodeWarrior Connection Server.

% delete all

% config cc utap

% ccs::config_chain mpc83xx

% ccs::reset_to_debug

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello K.Praveen,

Would you please provide CCS log? The following is the procedure to capture CCS log.

Please create a sample project following new project wizards, enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable logging, then connect to the target from Debug->Connect, and you will capture CCS log in CodeWarrior IDE, and attach the CCS log.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I will move the post to right team.

Pascal

0 Kudos

konduripraveen
Contributor II

hi pascal,

please inform me where to post this message .

Regards,

K.Praveen.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Already moved to CodeWarrior QorIQ box.

Pascal

0 Kudos