cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem about AN12270

ninesun
Contributor II

Dear Mr/Mrs:
I have question about TWR-LS1021A,I try to test lsbp.tcl by CCS as described in  application note about AN12270.now the tcl script can run without any error prompt,but there is not any message from the uart debug console
1.the board is TWR-LS1021A,the uart debug console can work with other firmware.
2.I use the method in AN12270 to test the ddram. the test is ok. I write 0x1,0x2,0x3,x04 to the ddram. the read back result is ok
3.the u-boot.bin is from the files accompanied with this board. The directory is OOBE-demo\sdcard-rev2\sdcard-rev2.
4.The default setting for RCW jumper in TWR_LS1021A is 0x9c. but the script is 0x9B, I try to change it as 0x9C. but the script will return an error: scan timeout. the script can work only the value is 0x9B.
so my question is:
1.if the u-boot.bin is right?as I know. The u-boot.bin should be version to run in ddrarm so I don't know if such file is ok. if there is any problem about this binary file. HOw can i make it?
2.the setting in this board for RCW should be 0x9c. but the value in script is 0x9B.Does such different cause failure?So how can we modify the setting in board as 0x9B?
could you please to give us some suggestions about it? Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello nine sun,

1.  For SD/eMMC/NAND, the compiler generates two binary images, one is u-boot.bin, which is the DRAM version of U-Boot that does not try to initialize DDR. The other is u-boot-with-spl-pbl.bin, this image combines u-boot, PBL, and SPL to a single image.

2. Please modify cfg_rcw_src[0:8] = 0_1001_1011 (0x9B) on the target board.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

ninesun
Contributor II

for the LS1021 TWR boards.it seems that the cfg_rcw_src[0:8] is detemined by the CPLD.How can we change it? please give advice about it. Thank you!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to "Table 2-3. Configuration options" in TWR-LS1021ARM.pdf, which could be downloaded from https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/tower-development-boards/mcu-and-processor-modules/pow...

0 Kudos