Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameters to be changed in u-boot

Jump to solution
jagxin
Contributor III

dear sir

I have modified the u-boot code as per my board it is reading the dram size and printing on the screen in the console and entering to the testing stage after this there is no console output we are not getting the result of testing after entering to testing it is not displaying any thing what are the other macros in u-boot that need to be changed for on broad dram from the dimm module we have modified the spd read from the DIMM section but after this ie while in testing what else has to be modified?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jagxin
Contributor III

hi

we have modified the ddr3 section i.e the registers values required is edited now it is copying the u-booy=t code to the ram and after this through serial console we are unable to load some files to the flash when we try to load we are getting the following errors like addressis not with in the range

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello agxin j,

For DDR parameter part, I think it's better to use the QCVS tool to verify well before adopting them in u-boot. You have done that?

Also I suggest when you describe the problem, use some punctuation mark, to help readers understanding your case. A long sentence is not easy to catch up the idea.

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

hi

we have modified the driver /mtd/cfi_flash.c driver file so we are getting proper size and address but in the command file in common/cmd_flash is using a function ex tern flash_info_t  to get the address and it is unable to get the address parameters so when we try to erase it is unable to get the address values how to fix this 

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

14.pngthe following is the u-boot log and the error message

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

hi

we have modified the ddr3 section i.e the registers values required is edited now it is copying the u-booy=t code to the ram and after this through serial console we are unable to load some files to the flash when we try to load we are getting the following errors like addressis not with in the range

0 Kudos