cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new CWH-CTP-BASE-HE not be used,hardware or software problem

zhaotao
Contributor I

Hi ,

I have a trouble while using Freescale's CWH-CTP-BASE-HE(Version D) while debugging freescale P2020.  I use the TAP as follows

1,When I get the TAP, I pulged it's USB into PC (XP,SP3) and I can see the interface menu of driver install, and I can see the flashing red LED of TX/RX. That seems the TAP is OK.

2,Second,I got the windows development IDE and setup in PC.

3, I plug the USB TAP into PC again, then I see the driver installing process.But there is also an unkown device driver installed in PC which name is CDC serial.I am not sure whether it is important f    or the correct working of TAP?

4.Next, I meet some cased that I cannot understand:

4.1 CASE1: I plug the TAP into the PC USB, usually ,offen, the LED of TX/RX is always RED? But accrording to the user mannual,this state is unkown?

4,2 CASE 2: When CASE1 happen, I must wait one night time or long and then I try re-plug it into PC's USB port again, I can seemly reset the TAP to a konwn state. TX/RX keeping flashing red and then flashing green.But this case can only happen ONE TIME. Once I unplug the TAP and re-insert it to USB, CASE1 will appear!(troubleing?)

Even CASE2 happen, I cannot get the TAP working with THE IDE in Freescale's P2020RDB-PCA board,and, say nothing of my own board.

W1: whether the TAP is hardware-damge? or

W2: whether my driver is correctly installed? or

W3: whether the IDE must register? or

W4: whether the operating step is wrong? or ......................

I learnd that this TAP is a new version, does anyone meet the same problem above?Help me with the trouble,very agent, thanks very much!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

zhaotao
Contributor I

I think the new IDE is hardware damaged. I have no idear except sales return and hope the engineer can resolve it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

First of all, if you are using CodeWarrior 8.8, please make sure Patch 8.8.6 is applied which could be downloaded from CW-POWER-NETWORKING: CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC (Classic IDE), for CodeWarrior 10.3.3 no need specific patch and it should be used for QorIQ processor.

After plugin in USB TAP to the PC, waiting for 2 minutes until the RX/TX change to green from red, and check whether you could get the information from device manager as the attachment.

In addition, CDC serial is used to open a console to configure CodeWarrior TAP(for example network parameters), it is unrelated with the USB connection. You could refer to the following to setup CDC serial on Windows XP.

It has a driver file in CCS and should work just fine on Windows XP (SP3).  The driver file is ccs/drivers/usb/x32/cwtap-usb-serial.inf. It should get installed automatically by setup.bat, but you can also manually browse to it with the driver wizard if you prefer.  Once it is installed, you should see a COM port assigned to the cwtap in device manager, and you can access it with Hyperterminal or another serial program.

If your problem remains, you could create a SR to TIC-CodeWarrior team.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

verify this behavior on a different make of PC with a different type of USB port, or with a powered USB hub.

I have seen brand name workstation like PCs which had functional differences between USB port physical behavior even between their own front and back USB ports, leading to nondeterministic operation on one port while the other port worked quite well on the very same PC. You can also check if a powered USB hub in between PC and device changes behavior.

A TAP that is stuck in initial RX/TX being LED may point to power supply problem through the USB port. it is not always drivers or firmware.

It is important to rule out a physical problem of the USB ports before thinking about drivers or CodeWarrior configuration.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you see that in your PC's hardware device manager?

What's your CodeWarrior version?

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Before anything else, please follow the steps below to check if your cwtap is working correctly:

1. Go to ..\PA\ccs\drivers\usb\ and run setup.bat as Administrator. This will reinstall the drivers;

2. After that, open a ccs console from ..\PA\ccs\bin\ccs.exe

3. In ccs console enter next commands:

% findcc cwtaps

if the cwtap is correctly installed, you will get a message similar with the one below:

FSL02F329 (00:04:9f:02:f3:29):

CodeWarrior TAP

Power Architecture JTAG/COP Probe Tip

Boot Loader v1.0.1

Operating System v1.0.1

if the cwtap is broken or something is wrong with the driver, you will get nothing in the console.

Adrian

0 Kudos