Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing algorithm for S29GL01Gs series

Jump to solution
jagxin
Contributor III

hi

i am trying to erase this flash S29GL01GS10TFI010 i am getting sector protection error when i create targeted task it is only having S29GL01GP series flash by default can i use this part for flashing the S29GL01GS part .only 64Mx16x1 and 64MX16X2 are listed from the organisation defined in the xml file while creating the task in the drop down box  the other organization is having a different  device id  x 22 than       x 227E  provided in the datasheet  as per the synatx  <name>Capacity/Bus Width/Number Of Devices</name>  our capacity is 128M so shall we change the value of the capacity in the xml file  to 128M  S29GL-P_16x1.elf

102298_102298.pngpastedImage_0.png

Regards

AGXIN.J

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the answer is still needed, you should use S29GL01GP.xml from CW product (PA\bin\plugins\support\Products\ProductData\FPDevices.mwpdb\FP), but should make a small update before trying it:

- for organization 64Mx16x1 use amd16x1.elf algorithm instead of S29GL-P_16x1.elf

This is because S29GL-P_16x1.elf is used only for S29GL01GP device - this algorithm uses some of S29GL01GP's specific optimal characteristics. amd16x1.elf is a generic implementation that can cover both S29GL01GP and S29GL01GS devices.

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petes1
Contributor I

Does anyone know if the the amd16x1 generic algorithm works with the S29GL01GT as well? 

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello agxin j,

You could either use the existing .xml or create a new one for your device, both case you need to change those parameters according to your device data sheet, such as device id or organization.

For more details, you could refer to the application note AN4349 Adding Device(s) to the CodeWarrior Flash Programmer for Power Architecture® Processors:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN4349.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos
jagxin
Contributor III

dear sir

thanks for your reply

for both the series S29GL01GS S29GL01GP i have  checked the parameters like

a)Device name

b)Manufacturer ID code

c)Number of sectors

d)Starting and ending address for each sector

e)Whether the device can be chip erased

f)Number of flash devices on target

are same in this case can i use the same .xml file  ?

2. how can i read the flash device id or manufactures id in code warrior using shell command or any script ?

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

regards

AGXIN.J

0 Kudos
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the answer is still needed, you should use S29GL01GP.xml from CW product (PA\bin\plugins\support\Products\ProductData\FPDevices.mwpdb\FP), but should make a small update before trying it:

- for organization 64Mx16x1 use amd16x1.elf algorithm instead of S29GL-P_16x1.elf

This is because S29GL-P_16x1.elf is used only for S29GL01GP device - this algorithm uses some of S29GL01GP's specific optimal characteristics. amd16x1.elf is a generic implementation that can cover both S29GL01GP and S29GL01GS devices.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

One more thing, regarding your protect detection is very possible that your device is protected. Make the update suggested above and also try to make a full unprotect after.

Btw, what Flash Programmer Target Task are you using and what tcl initialization file? Make sure that the flash device is correctly initialized in the initialization file (eLBC/IFC controller).

Marius

0 Kudos
efecanbozulu
Contributor I

Hello,
We are trying to write S29GL01GS nor flash through code warrior we are using init_sram.tcl without any modification to registers. We are using memory file as t1024rdb.mem. We modified the xml file of the nor flash with the values from our datasheet and board configuration. (only modification needed was 128Mx16x1 change)

As suggested in this post we have tried amd16x1 algorithm. However we are receving an "Operation Unsupported"  error. We are succesfully reading the flash id both with amd16x1 algorithm and S29GL-P_16x1 algorithm and perform a whole device unprotect action. We are also using the base adress of the nor flash as arranged in .tcl file. However we are not succesful at writing anything to flash yet.

We are getting sector protection error for S29GL-P_16x1 algorithm on our board as asked earlier in this post.

Could you help us on this?
Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos