Writing driver codes on Yocto's layer or creating a higher level layer that includes meta-ppc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing driver codes on Yocto's layer or creating a higher level layer that includes meta-ppc

cengizhanyapici
Contributor I

In my Yocto project,I want to implement my driver codes to Yocto's layer.I use T1024rdbfor this purpose which has power pc architecture.So,in Yocto I think that meta-ppc layer is suitable for this purpose;on the other hand,creating a higher level layer which includes meta-ppc can give me the advantage of using also meta-ppc layer's properties.So,is it possible to create a new higher level layer which includes this meta-ppc layer or any documents,references or manuals about this topic?or could you recommend something about this issue?

Thanks for your answers.

Best Regards...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Cengizhan Yapicioglu,

For create a custom layer, you could refer to GitHub - yoctocookbook/meta-custom: Example meta-custom Yocto layer .

The attached is an example about how meta-freescale including dynamic-layers layer, please pay attention to meta-freescale_bak/conf/layer.conf configuration, especially BBFILES variable definition.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos