USB Tap Issue with CW 8.8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Tap Issue with CW 8.8

mzaturenskiy
Contributor I

I'm trying to set up CodeWarrior (CW Dev Studio, Power Architecture v8.8) to use USBTap (looks like REV A) with a board using MCP885VR133 chip and a WinXP host.

The problem I'm having is getting CW to see the USBTap device. The TAP is connected via USB2.0 and it shows up fine in "Device Manager"/"System devices"/"CodeWarrior USB TAP". The TX/RX LED on the TAP is blinking GREEN, RUN/PAUSE LED is off.

When I try to go to "Debug"/"Attach to Process" in CW, I get an error "JTAG Clock Speed Change Error: Please check your JTAG clock speed." This same message comes up even if I DON'T have the TAP connected to the PC. I tried going to CCS (CodeWarrior Connection Server version {4.13}) and running "show cc", I get "0: USB open failure", and when I try "updateutap" I also get "USB open failure". Once again, these errors are the same whether or not I have the TAP connected. What else can I try?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Sounds like the USB TAP driver needs adjusting.  Try this: run the 'setup.bat' file from your \Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\ccs\drivers\usb  folder (make sure that CCS and the CodeWarrior debugger are closed first) and see if that resolves this problem.  This .bat file will re-install the USB TAP drivers and that usually clears up this kind of problem.
0 Kudos

mzaturenskiy
Contributor I
Thank you ronco for your suggestion, however I've given that a try and it didn't help. One thing I have not tried is setting this up on a different Windows PC, but I don't have an extra one available at the moment. I was able to get this up and running under Red Hat, so I know the USB TAP is functional. What's strange is it was actually acting exactly the same way even under Linux until I ran CCS with root privileges... then everything started working as it should. Not sure if that gives anyone any clues.
0 Kudos