Trouble single-stepping on MPC8360E

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble single-stepping on MPC8360E

bhi
Contributor I
Using CW 8.6 (Solaris host) on the mpc8360e-mds eval board.  Board rev is "pilot 1.3", cpu rev is 1.2 (pvr=80830020).

Scenario:  set two break points, say two machine instructions apart, in non-ISR code.  Everything works OK until interrupts are enabled (the QE timer is generating a periodic interrupt).

With interrupts enabled, then whenever I break in non-ISR code, "Step In" or "Step Over" takes me into the ISR at 0x0500.

If I click "Run" instead at the first breakpoint, it just sits there.  Apparently the IRQ is handled, then it returns to the same address without advancing.  But if I clear the first breakpoint and click RUN, it runs and stops at the second breakpoint as expected.  So the only way to step through non-ISR code is to clear the current breakpoint and set another at the next address and click RUN.

Seems to run OK when I remove the breakpoints.

Any suggestions?  At this point I can tell whether the problem is the PowerTAP Pro, CodeWarrior, the CPU revision, or my initialization code (currently minimal, not using MMU etc.)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Dear Customer,

If you will not receive feedback on the forum I suggest you to contact the CodeWarrior Support Team.
You can log your request via the web.
 - Go to following URL:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/homepage.jsp?nodeId=054670&tid=FSH
  - Click on Submit a Service Request. You will come to a login page.
 - If you are already registered with Freescale (using the Forum, subscribed to newsletter, ...)  use your Freescale login and password.
   Otherwise, Click on "Register Now" to get registered.
 - You can submit your request through the web from there.

Regards
Pascal
0 Kudos