cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Flash programmer of CW v7.1 & m52259 demo

Hyeoungho
Contributor II

Hello

I have a stupid question regarding the flash programmer of CW v7.1 to develop application for m52259demo board.

Once I run the IDE and program the object file into the board, it is OK. However, whenever I want to reprogram the board, I cannot program the board without restarting the IDE (Codewarrior).

It seems that I need to re-initialize the board using the configuration file (MCF52259.cfg). However, I couldn't find the way to execute it.

It is unreasonable to me to restart IDE whenever I need to reprogram the board.

I need your suggestions and help.

Thanks

Hyeoungho

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hyeoungho
Contributor II

Well, it seems that the programmer needs to do the board initialization ahead erase. But, except the very first time when I run the application, the programmer doesn't run the init loop. I think that is the key problem.

Anyone familiar with this problem? This problem is very annoying.

Thank you.

Hyeoungho

0 Kudos

Hyeoungho
Contributor II

Thanks Venki

The symptom of the flash programmer after I programmed the board once is like this:

When I try to erase the flash, it tries to initialize the board and tries to erase the memory forever. After cancel it and try to erase once again, it says that it cannot connect to the flash.

The flash configuration is not changed as I first programmed the flash. Also the initialize .cfg file is not changed, either.

Hyeoungho

0 Kudos

tkvenki
Contributor III

The problem you are facing may be due to :

1. Problem in reset....Try changing your power supply......And also try to have a watchat your resetsignal..

2. The Emulator problem.....Try changing the emulator, you can also try upgrading the driver...

0 Kudos

tkvenki
Contributor III
Hi,

It seems that I need to re-initialize the board using the configuration file (MCF52259.cfg). However, I couldn't find the way to execute it.

You will be providing the CFG file as an i/p to flash programmer. So it is the duty of the Flash programmer to execute theCFG file. YOu need not do anything with respect to this.

You did not tell what is happening when you try to reprogram your board....Does it crash....or wait forever...???

Just a few steps you can try...

1. Change the memory organization and give a try....

2. check whether you are getting proper Chip select signals on your CS pin of FLash, when you are doing operations....

3. Erase - Blank CHeck - Program - Verify.......Alll the steps should be OK....

Hope this helps,

Venki

0 Kudos