Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QorIQ can not talk to CW TAP

Jump to solution
rudolfusselmann
Contributor II

Hello !

we have designed a custom PCB with the LS1046A (and it all works fine).

Now we would like to use CW_TAP to optimize the DDR memory settings.

I have connected the CW_TAP to our network, and I can telnet in to it and reset the target device, and execute other commands.

However, whenever I try to "Read From Target" the window freezes. Only the "Back" and "Cancel" buttons work.

All of our computers have been upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04.

Software version is: 11.5.12  (Build Id: 221209).

Attached are screenshots that show a good telent session, and a frozen "New QorIQ Conf. Project" window.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Many Thanks !

rudi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have verified "read from target" function of CodeWarrior 11.5.12 on Ubuntu 20.04, it works normally.

In the DDR configuration panel, please click "Read from target" button, and wait for reading process complete, then "Finish" button will become green.

When you click "Read from target" button, "CodeWarrior Connection Server(CCS)" will be popped up automatically, please open CCS console and type "log v", the low level CCS log will be printed in the console, please capture this CCS console log to me to do more investigation.

If CCS isn't popped up, please refer README.txt provided in installation package to install necessary dependent packages.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rudolfusselmann
Contributor II

Dear Yiping,

thank you for your reply. Ubuntu 20.04 does not support i386 binaries. So I was not able to start CCS.

However, I borrowed a windows PC and was able to successfully complete DDR4 configuration with the windows PC.

I am now trying to integrate the new DDR4 information (uboot_ddr1.c) with Uboot. However, it seems the Uboot we are using (2021.04)  is different from Uboot described in AN5279. I wonder if NXP has any guidelines for that version of Uboot ?

Many Thanks for your help !!!

rudi

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In fact, we use atf in recent released LSDK and DDR initialization should be done in atf.

You could refer to section "5.2.1.1 TF-A DDR Driver" in LSDK 21.08 user manual which could be downloaded in https://docs.nxp.com/bundle/GUID-487B2E69-BB19-42CB-AC38-7EF18C0FE3AE/page/GUID-38B02850-872C-4567-8...

rudolfusselmann
Contributor II

We really do not want to use TF-A. We do not need security. We were hoping to stick with U-Boot. It would be really helpful to find a solution for U-Boot.

Implementing TF-A, etc, is a serious project impact for us.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have verified "read from target" function of CodeWarrior 11.5.12 on Ubuntu 20.04, it works normally.

In the DDR configuration panel, please click "Read from target" button, and wait for reading process complete, then "Finish" button will become green.

When you click "Read from target" button, "CodeWarrior Connection Server(CCS)" will be popped up automatically, please open CCS console and type "log v", the low level CCS log will be printed in the console, please capture this CCS console log to me to do more investigation.

If CCS isn't popped up, please refer README.txt provided in installation package to install necessary dependent packages.