QorIQ B4860QDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QorIQ B4860QDS

bassemscander
Contributor I

I have two QorIQ B4860QDS development boards. Both were working fine but whenever I issue a soft reset from either linux or uboot, it would hang (get nothing on the serial) and I have to disconnect it from power completely and reconnect for it to come back. This was happening too when I issue "qix altbank" from uboot.

Now, both are completely dead and won't boot. If I try to connect with cwtap, I get "Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain(CCSProtocolPlugin)". Anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bassem Scander,

I think you need to first check if the RCW on the board has been ruined.

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos

bassemscander
Contributor I

Hi Lunmin,

I was able to fix one board by reflashing the RCW with a known good one. This was a challenge at first since I wasn't able to access the JTAG chain in this state. (had to modify the dip switches to the "hard coded settings").

The second board is still a brick. The D1 & D2 LEDs are not even flashing on it. Any idea?

Thanks,
Bassem

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bassem Scander,

For B4860, there is problem with the CodeWarrior feature using CW JTAG configuration file to override RCW, so please use hard coded RCW to do recovery.

On B4860QDS demo board, please configure SW3[0-7]=01000011 as hard coded RCW mode.

In CodeWarrior, create a bare board project with SRAM Connect launch configuration,  use this launch configuration to connect to the target board and program RCW to the NOR Flash.

Please refer to the document Flash Programmer for CodeWarrior Power Architecture  to flash RCW with CodeWarrior.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos