QCVS.4.2.0_PA_and_ARMv7_10.0.3_150403.zip does not contain the Eclipse Freescale Solutions Category to upgrade the Eclipse stock updater.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QCVS.4.2.0_PA_and_ARMv7_10.0.3_150403.zip does not contain the Eclipse Freescale Solutions Category to upgrade the Eclipse stock updater.

johnhovey
Contributor I

I'm trying to load the tools to create the RCW for the E5020 QorIQ processor.

I downloaded and installed the base Eclipse software.

eclipse-cpp-juno-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip

The installation guide for the QCVS tool says to point to the zip file:

QCVS.4.2.0_PA_and_ARMv7_10.0.3_150403.zip

and I should see both:

Eclipse Freescale Solutions Category

QorIQ Configuration and Validation Suite 4.2.0

I only see the QorIQ software.

Anyone know where to get the updater tools?

Thanks,

-jjh

Labels (1)
3 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You have to use http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/QCVS  as update site. The packages for CodeWarrior doesn't contain the Eclipse Freescale Updater, because this action is already included in CodeWarrior.

Adrian

0 Kudos

johnhovey
Contributor I

Adrian,

I had tried that site while in the office last night and it could not be found. I think I had some kind of proxy issue because I tried it from home this morning and it worked.

I had access to the solutions group. But after installing the solutions tools, restarting Eclipse and then installing the QorIQ tool, I got errors deep in the install.

I came back in the office where I downloaded the QorIQ tools and tried the install from the local copy and that just now completed successfully.

I asked tech support to check out the network install errors and also figure out why the Eclipse Freescale Solutions Category doesn’t come with the QorIQ download.

Maybe have a separate download for it like the separate the PA and ARM tools.

Thanks,

-jjh

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On a stock eclipse you should see:

qcvs.PNG.png

For installing over CodeWarrior for PA or ARMv7, on freescale.com are available offline installation packages or also the update site.

Adrian