P2040 Code Warrior Error on Connect - ccs_error=54 What does this mean?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2040 Code Warrior Error on Connect - ccs_error=54 What does this mean?

bobkorkuc
Contributor I

We boot up into a RCW hard code value of 1_0010 but continue to get the ccs_error=54 and cannot connect to the Code Warrior POD over JTAG.

Note the board was fully functional until we  accidently erased our NOR boot flash on eLB.

Any ideas what the ccs_error=54 means?

our error dump is the following:

ccs_config_chain

serverh = 0

cc= 0

device_list: (size =1)

device[0]:: core_type=test core (20)

ccs_config_chain; ccs_error=54

Thanks,

Bob

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

bobkorkuc
Contributor I

Yiping,

Thanks for responding to me. Might you know what the ccs_error=54 actually means? Is there documentation on what this error actually means? The board in question was working fine for 2 years. Just prior, we successfully loaded a Uboot image on the board with no issue on Code Warrior. Then we inadvertently erased the flash. Without any other actions other than running a script and erasing the flash (no hardware changes made), we now get this ccs_error=54 JTAG error. Note in the past, we have had no issue on most of our product Flashing the part while using a hard code RCW of 1_0010.

So if you could point me to what the specific error 54 actually means I would be grateful.

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bob,

The error code "ccs_error=54" means that  target debug communications link is down.

Please enable JTAG diagnostic function in CodeWarrior to get JTAG test information in the CCS log.

Please enable CCS log from Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core00_RAM_<processor>_Connect->Edit->Advanced->Advanced TAP settings->Enable JTAG diagnostics.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bob Korkuc,

Please try whether using CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file to override RCW could help you out.

Please following the step by step guide in the document "C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.4.0\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors", refer to the section "8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file", please choose a jtag file in "C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.4.0\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains" according to your target.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

bobkorkuc
Contributor I

Yiping,

Thanks for responding to me. Might you know what the ccs_error=54 actually means? Is there documentation on what this error actually means? The board in question was working fine for 2 years. Just prior, we successfully loaded a Uboot image on the board with no issue on Code Warrior. Then we inadvertently erased the flash. Without any other actions other than running a script and erasing the flash (no hardware changes made), we now get this ccs_error=54 JTAG error. Note in the past, we have had no issue on most of our product Flashing the part while using a hard code RCW of 1_0010.

So if you could point me to what the specific error 54 actually means I would be grateful.

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos