cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple CodeWarrior TAPs connected via USB

Jump to solution
kepler2
Contributor I

We recently had to consolidate some development Linux machines that hosted CodeWarrior using CodeWarrior TAP via USB.  We now have multiple TAPs connected via USB on one Linux workstation.  CodeWarrior is used remotely via X desktops.

With the new setup CodeWarrior only finds the CodeWarrior TAP assigned to /dev/ttyACM0.  The other CodeWarrior TAPs are not "discoverable". 

Is this expected behavior? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately CodeWarrior only supports connecting to one target at a time irrespective of how many physical hardware debugger connections the user has.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kepler2
Contributor I

Consider this a feature request.  I have seen others requesting / asking the same question that I did with the same not-quite-direct answer.  On LINUX hosts:

Please add a broadcast capability to CodeWarrior TAPs connected via Ethernet.  Meaning, CodeWarrior sends broadcast packet(s) asking TAPs to respond.  Any TAP that responds is interrogated to determine what type of TAP it is and, if the correct type, the response is used to populate the TAP selection box.

Please add a capability to select USB-connected TAP(s) by serial number.  It appears that this capability already exists since the USB serial number can be probed and selected on the TAP connection dialog.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately CodeWarrior only supports connecting to one target at a time irrespective of how many physical hardware debugger connections the user has.

0 Kudos
kepler2
Contributor I

We only want to use one at-a-time per user.  But multiple instances of CodeWarrior and multiple TAPs connected to the same physical box.  All we want to do is select the CodeWarrior TAP by MAC address via the discovery dialog.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you only want to use one at-a-time per user, you could use multiple instances of CodeWarrior and only one CodeWarrior TAP connecting to the target board, and you could use the IP address to access CodeWarrior TAP in CodeWarrior IDE.

0 Kudos