cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK20DX128VFM5 required of not with LS1012A programming and debugging

nilavchoksi
Contributor III

Hi NXP Team,

Please confirm that MK20DX128VFM5(CMSIS DAP) is required for programming and debugging of LS1012A?

I am planning to program and debug it through direct 10-pin JTAG Header so is it OK?

Can you please explain the use case of CMSIS_DAP Interface?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nilav Choksi,

You can use both JTAG and CMSIS_DAP to do debugging or flash programming.

LS1012A UART1 can be configured to connect to K22 UART0 for CMSIS DAP debug, or to translated to RS232 serial.

For details, you could refer to the section "2.18.1 CMSIS-DAP" in the document QorIQ LS1012A Reference Design Board Manual downloaded from https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp?render=true .

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shyam_baldha
Contributor I

Hi Yiping,

Above given link is not working.

Actually I want to debug freedom-LS1012A using CMSIS-DAP but I don't now how to connect the board and what Configuration to be used/changed on code warrior studio. Also How do I get to know that board is connected to code warrior using CMSIS-DAP?

Please point me to the steps/docs to flash kernel image using cmsis-dap.

Thanks,

Shyam 

0 Kudos