I am looking into replacing the 'end of life" WindRiver Probe with the CodeWarrior TAP.  So I have downloaded an eval version of CodeWarrior for Networked Applications. In my first attempt to create a bare-metal project I observe the "Debug Target Setting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking into replacing the 'end of life" WindRiver Probe with the CodeWarrior TAP.  So I have downloaded an eval version of CodeWarrior for Networked Applications. In my first attempt to create a bare-metal project I observe the "Debug Target Setting

samedwards
Contributor II

I am looking into replacing the 'end of life" WindRiver Probe with the CodeWarrior TAP.  So I have downloaded an eval version of CodeWarrior for Networked Applications. In my first attempt to create a bare-metal project I observe the "Debug Target Settings" only present Freescale's own p1010RDB, RDB-PB eval/development boards to choose from. My application has a custom board, and I merely want to port the existing board-bring up code. So is there a simple way to create a project without the CodeWarrior's presumption that Freescale boards are the only selection?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sam Edwards,

For custom board bringing up, we often use this way, please following CodeWarrior new project wizards to create a project for the demo board, then modify the initialization file for the customized boards based on the one for the demo board. Please refer to P1010 initialization file P1010RDB-(PB)_init_core.tcl or P1010RDB-(PB)_init_sram.tcl in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\QorIQ_P1. In SRAM initialization file, L2  Cache is used as RAM instead of using DDR RAM.

Users often need to modify LAW, MMU configuration, DDR controller configuration, IFC controller configuration sections in CW initialization file.

In CodeWarrior, the initialization file is configured in Run->Debug configurations-><project>-core00_RAM(SRAM)_processor_Connect(Download)->Edit->Edit->Initialization->Initialization target script.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

samedwards
Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos