How to enter a "Custom" configuration value

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter a "Custom" configuration value

danmoffatt
Contributor II

What procedure is required in order to be able to enter a Custom configuration value in the CodeWarrior TAP tool PBL component as opposed to selecting one of the drop down menu items?

I have done it in an old LS1088A project but I forget the procedure/syntax to incorporate it in a new project that I am currently working on.

PBL Custom Value.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I installed CodeWarrior for ARMv8 11.5.12, and found there was no option for "0b10 Custom value".

In your IDE, you could select "skip error checking" to continue your configuration.

yipingwang_0-1675845975794.png

0 Kudos

danmoffatt
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

Yes once the custom value is entered then you have to skip error checking in order to build the code.

The real issue is that the CodeWarrior tool has a fault in that it provides the RCW bits 212-211 binary setting as 0b01 for selecting the System Clock as the DDR_REFCLK_SEL.  The correct binary setting is 0b10 and hence a custom value needs to be entered in the tool settings.

danmoffatt_0-1675864755768.png

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that this is a defect of CodeWarrior for ARMv8 11.5.12, I have reported this defect to QCVS PBL tool development team.

0 Kudos

KalaimaniArumugamdev
Contributor III

Hi @danmoffatt 

Refer "QCVS PBL Tool User Guide" chapter " 1.1.1.2.1 Specifying custom values".

Thank

Kalaimani Arumugam 

0 Kudos

danmoffatt
Contributor II

Hi

Unfortunately, the "Ignore Constraints and non-critical Errors" option is not selectable for me (i.e., it is "greyed" out).

0 Kudos

danmoffatt
Contributor II

I have downloaded the document and will give it a try.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

KalaimaniArumugamdev
Contributor III
Great
0 Kudos