How to build an assembly project in CW6.4?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an assembly project in CW6.4?

AllenWang
Contributor I
I am beginning to study MCF52235,using CW6.4. I don't kown how to build an assembly program in CW6.4 IDE. I want to get help,can anyone show me some examples or tell me how to do it?
Thanks!
Allen
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Black
Contributor I

It is possible to use an assembler only project. Please see the attached assembler example project that has a main.asm, assembler sources and a linker configuration file linker.lcf. You can use it as an example and modify your existing project to have similar settings.

I hope this helps,

Black

0 Kudos

vfr
Contributor I
Hi!

I've tried this assembler project also. And it works to build project but I haven't run any debugger yet.

Could anywhone, from Freescale maybe, tell me why this is not possible to do when creating a new project. It works with the HC08 and HCS12 versions of Codewarrior.
0 Kudos

Bloodhound
Contributor I

I have to agree 'vfr'. I don't want anything to do with 'C' in my projects, yet with the Coldfire you seem to be forced to. I had been using CW on the HC08 too and have spent sometime trying to figure out how to exclude any 'C' references for the Coldfire V1, seems it's not possible, it would be nice to know why this is the situation.

Cheers,

Ross

0 Kudos