cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Findcc give unknown probe tip

Jump to solution
kbell_hardware
Contributor III

I'm having an issue where every so often my CWTAP won't work anymore. I can't connect to the probe in Codewarrior. The first time i saw it i swapped to a different CWTAP and got the same issue. So then i swapped computers and still saw the same issue. I then unplugged it from my target system and tried doing an attach and got the normal no power error and after that it worked so i moved on. I have the issue again but that trick isn't working now. I've attached a picture of what findcc normally gives me and what it's giving me now. I tried using the configTAP command from configTAP.tcl in the CCS/bin folder and that didn't help.

Why is my probe unknown?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kbell_hardware
Contributor III

So i realized my initial statement of what i did to fix the problem the first time wasn't providing all the information that ended up being necessary. I had unplugged the probed tip from the CWTAP when i tried it alone on the desk. It worked after that luckily but i realized that my probe tip had some corrosion on it because it saw a little bit of frost (even though it was outside the environmental chamber) that traveled up the cables. When i took the probe tip off the CWTAP worked again. I'm assuming the corrosion somewhat shorted some pins together on the device.

So for this error in the future, check your tip.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kbell_hardware
Contributor III

So i realized my initial statement of what i did to fix the problem the first time wasn't providing all the information that ended up being necessary. I had unplugged the probed tip from the CWTAP when i tried it alone on the desk. It worked after that luckily but i realized that my probe tip had some corrosion on it because it saw a little bit of frost (even though it was outside the environmental chamber) that traveled up the cables. When i took the probe tip off the CWTAP worked again. I'm assuming the corrosion somewhat shorted some pins together on the device.

So for this error in the future, check your tip.

0 Kudos