Does anyone have the flash programmer .xml files for S25FS128S QSPI part?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have the flash programmer .xml files for S25FS128S QSPI part?

timhammer
Contributor III

I am about to work on them, so figured I would ask.

My CW4NET_v2018.01/CW_ARMv8/Config/flash/ directories have files for S25FS256S, S25FS512S, and S25FL128S.

Maybe I am the first to use the S25FS128S?

.Tim

0 Kudos
2 Replies

timhammer
Contributor III

After a quick review of data sheets, I could not find any difference between the S25FS256S and S25FS128S, so I just switched to that configuration and it seems to be working.

However, I am interested in the rest of the parameters to fl_device and have not found any information on them. The LS1012A_FRDM_init.py sets up the flash device with:

gdb.execute("fl_device --alias qspi --name S25FS512S --address 0x40000000 --waddress 0x10000000 --wsize 0x1FFFF --geometry 8x1 --controller QSPI")

I simply changed the name to S25FS256S and the programming seemed to succeed (better than with the 512 version anyway!). I am pretty confident that the address parameter is correct (address where QSPI is mapped). But I am not 100% sure I understand waddress and wsize refer to- the address and size seem to match the OCRAM, so I am guessing that the rest of the flash code uses that as the write area?

Also, I did not find anything in the datasheets for the S25FS...S parts that state the geometry of the chip. Does anyone know where this value came from and how I can verifiy it is correct for my part change?

Thanks!

.Tim

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tim Hammer,

The flash algorithm runs in OCRAM, the parameter --waddress and --wsize are specified as OCRAM start address and OCRAM size. This setting can avoid the trouble for configuring DDR controller during custom boards bringing up. The parameter --geometry specifies QSPI works in 8 bit mode.

In addition, please refer to the file CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\Config\flash\algorithms\params\S25FS256S_QSPI_64.xml to create the parameters configuration for S25FS128S according to the datasheet, which will be imported in CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\Config\flash\algorithms\S25FS256S.xml.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos