DDRV test failed(MTCR register not found in the SOC database )

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDRV test failed(MTCR register not found in the SOC database )

t-yanagawa
Contributor I

Hello,

Im trying to do DDR tests in QCVS tool on the our board(with P1022).

But it not works, the error is "MTCR register not found in the SOC database".

What is MTCR register ,what is SOC database?

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Since the code is common for all PPC devices and a change is risky. Warning should be ignored for devices where DDR_MTCR register is not present.

How did you create a QCVS project?

If there is SPD on your target board, please create a QCVS project with read from SPD method.

If there is no SPD on your target board, please create a QCVS project with the default configuration, then modify "Properties" panel according to your DDR datasheet.

Please refer to the attached QCVS DDR tool user manual.

0 Kudos

t-yanagawa
Contributor I

Dear Yiping,

thank you for your reply. 

My QCVS project is created by another person who  has already retired.

After this question,I changed DDR parameters(tWR,tRRD,tWTR) and the test is worked!

(many parameters changed,but It was three parameters that ultimately had an effect)

However, sometimes the test fails with an error like: "Core interrupted by exception : Program interrupted!"

The reason we are testing is that kernel panic can occur at low temperatures. In addition to kernel panic, "Exception in kernel mode sig:4" may also occur.

Do you know any reason for this?

Regards,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When you connect to the target board, the CodeWarrior Connection Server(CCS) console will be popped up, please open it and type "log v", then connect to the target board again, the low level CCS log will be displayed in the console. 

Would you please capture the CCS log to me when you encounter exceptions?

0 Kudos