显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

CodeWarrior and Flash on mpc5200

3,264 次查看
gabbayo
Contributor I
Hi,

I'm using CodeWarrior MobileGT 8.1 with PowerTap Pro for developing a BSP on lite5200 board.

I burned a boot program to the flash using the flash programmer. I know it is working because if I reset the target it run without problems and loads my OS image.

However, I now want to add some code to the most preliminary code which runs and debug it, of course. This code runs from the flash and only after some time, runs from the RAM.

However, when I try to do "step-over" over each assembler command while running in the flash, the codewarrior "goes crazy". It starts to go backwards, show wrong disassembly and simply hangs-up.

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

BTW, I wanted to mention that I used the same technique while doing a BSP for PQII and PQIII, with CW 8.5, and I had no problems at all while running from the flash.

Thanks,

Oded Gabbay
标签 (1)
标记 (1)
0 项奖励
1 回复

1,016 次查看
marc_paquette
Contributor V
Use a memory configuration file (.mem) to prevent the debugger from accessing uninitialized memory space. Here's a sample file for debugging the stationery ROM project for the Lite5200B board that I received from a PowerPC tools developer:

//////////////////////////////////////
// Memory config file for Lite5200B //
//////////////////////////////////////
// DDR memory
range    0x00000000 0x07FFFFFF 4 ReadWrite
reserved 0x08000000 0x7FFFFFFF
reserved 0x80100000 0xEFFFFFFF
reserved 0xF0100000 0xFDFFFFFF
// Flash on CS1
range    0xFE000000 0xFEFFFFFF 1 ReadWrite
// Flash on CS0
range    0xFF000000 0xFFFFFFFF 1 ReadWrite

You can find more information about memory configuration files in the Targeting manual.

Marc.
0 项奖励