0 Kudos
1 Solution
rameshchandraka
Contributor III

Thank you Reky.let me put a details further

Step-By-Step

1. Download libX11-1.1.4.tar.bz2
  2. Unzip it using command  $ tar –xvf libX11-1.1.4.tar.bz2
  3. Configure  $./configure --without-xcb ( i could see the display message with xcb --no )
  4. build the libX11.1.14 like $ make
  5. Install the libX11 $ make install--(default path /usr/local/lib)
  6. Edit cwide file change the path variable to pointing LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/local/lib"
  7. then run the $./cwide.it may give unable to open X server
  8. if not possiple to open X server go to System ->Administration->Login Window
  9. you will find security option,there uncheck Deny TCP Connections to X server
  10. then start ./cwide again after restarting the PC. Have a Tea Break

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Reky
Contributor II

This issue is encountered on most new linux distros. This is NOT strictly Ubuntu related. The cause of it is the libX11 version. Newly, this lib is linked with XCB library. The XCB library has a bug which will not be ever fixed (as opensource community says - but i hope they will change its mind).

The solution of this issue is to get libX11 sources from git, configure it with '--without-xcb' option then build it. Edit your cwide script located in CW installation directory and change LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to point to the new built libx11.so.6 location - this should be /usr/local/lib if you didn't change it.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib".

If you will encounter problems with X server use allowance on TCP sockets, use gdmsetup (if GNOME is you wm) and be sure that 'Deny TCP Connections to X server'is not checked in security tab. If using other wm (windows manager), just google over the internet to see how you can allow TCP connections to X server.

Launch CW and have fun!

Regards,

reky

0 Kudos
rameshchandraka
Contributor III

Thank you Reky.let me put a details further

Step-By-Step

1. Download libX11-1.1.4.tar.bz2
  2. Unzip it using command  $ tar –xvf libX11-1.1.4.tar.bz2
  3. Configure  $./configure --without-xcb ( i could see the display message with xcb --no )
  4. build the libX11.1.14 like $ make
  5. Install the libX11 $ make install--(default path /usr/local/lib)
  6. Edit cwide file change the path variable to pointing LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/local/lib"
  7. then run the $./cwide.it may give unable to open X server
  8. if not possiple to open X server go to System ->Administration->Login Window
  9. you will find security option,there uncheck Deny TCP Connections to X server
  10. then start ./cwide again after restarting the PC. Have a Tea Break

0 Kudos
MatPdr
Contributor I
I have the same problem on ubuntu 8.10
0 Kudos
volleyballdude
Contributor I
Here is my error dump after installing CW on Ubuntu 8041.  Codewarrior will statup and show me the command bar with the usual menus.  When I tried to select the Preferences menu item the following occurred:

user@ubuntu8041:/usr/local/Freescale/CodeWarriorIDE$ sudo ./cwide
-e The file /usr/local/Freescale/CodeWarriorIDE/gcc_paths.cfg is missing.

CodeWarrior_IDE: ../../src/xcb_lock.c:77: _XGetXCBBuffer: Assertion `((int) ((xcb_req) - (dpy->request)) >= 0)' failed.

Allocated Threads :
    ThreadID: 100    (3074528944)    Ready

Yielding Threads :
    None

IDE Version: 5.9.0 Build 2482 has crashed.
Fatal error (SIGABRT) caught in Process 28481 Thread 3074528944

Crash dump written to /home/user/.CodeWarrior/Preferences/Metrowerks/CodeWarrior_IDE.20081211.103359A.linux.dump

Exiting...
Aborted
user@ubuntu8041:/usr/local/Freescale/CodeWarriorIDE$

Hope this helps,

jon

0 Kudos
ChrisChelmecki
Contributor I
I have the same issues Ubuntu 8.04 with CodeWarrior-MGT-9.1 just wanted to bump this issue.
0 Kudos
fsl_linux_spt
Contributor III
Change the !#/bin/sh to !#/bin/bash in the cwide script and see if that fixes this.
0 Kudos
fsl_linux_spt
Contributor III

Come to find out, Ubuntu 8.x existing glibc version is not backward compatible.  Some have managed to overcome this error by installing additional older glibc and modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in cwide script to point to new libc.so.6 installed library.

We DON'T recommend this workaround because it can cause system crash if not well managed.

Ubuntu 7.10 works... We recommend it instead

0 Kudos
eija_flight
Contributor I

Same issue here, using Mandriva 2008.1 (glibc 2.7), just keep on crashing...

My question is, if it is an issue with the glibc version, so would it be ok if I using another distros with glibc  < 2.7 ?

which glibc version is best?

0 Kudos
jangiels
Contributor I

Using Ubuntu 7.10 is not feasible.

Can you give more details on the work around?  Did you mean to say you are changing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the *old* libc that was downloaded?  What revision will work?

0 Kudos
Canales
Contributor I
Hey Tanure
How are you? I have the same problem with the version 8.04 de ubuntu. Had you solved the problem?
0 Kudos