Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpected simulator halt

Jump to solution
bobelec
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm launching a MC9S08DZ128 simulation on the P&EMicro emulator of CodeWarrior 10.

After the chip initialization and a few other commands, the emulator stops with the following message:

Thread [ID: 0x0] (Suspended: Signal 'Halt' received. Description: User halted thread.)

I didn't send any halt signal

There's not breakpoint in the project

Thet is no IT call as far as I can see.

If I remove the intruction on which the simulator halted, it stops at the next instruction.

It's a memory paged project that compiles successfully.

Do you have any idea on how I could find out the cause of this crash ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bobelec
Contributor III

Hi Lundin,

The stack is OK.

I switched back to CodeWarrior 6.3 (I was using CW10) and the 6.3 simulator told me that I was reading some data from uninitialized FLASH.

I corrected the bug in my source code and now the project is simulating successfully under CM6.3 aswell as CW10.

I think I will abandon CW10. I'll wait until it's more stable (see my issue concerning the compile time being 30 time longer on CW10 than on CW6.3)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

You typically get this when the program is executing outside its memory space. Seems likely that you have a severe bug in the program. The most common reason is stack overflow. Do you set up the stack properly?

0 Kudos
bobelec
Contributor III

Hi Lundin,

The stack is OK.

I switched back to CodeWarrior 6.3 (I was using CW10) and the 6.3 simulator told me that I was reading some data from uninitialized FLASH.

I corrected the bug in my source code and now the project is simulating successfully under CM6.3 aswell as CW10.

I think I will abandon CW10. I'll wait until it's more stable (see my issue concerning the compile time being 30 time longer on CW10 than on CW6.3)

0 Kudos