cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with Codewarior 10.3 "mingw32-make: *** Access denied."

ecb
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have an issue with Codewarior 10.3 during project compilation, even after a new installation:

"mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs...."

"mingw32-make: *** Access denied."

My configuration:

- AMD64

- Windows 7 64

I did not find solution on the forum... Has anybody a solution? Thank you.

C.B.

Labels (1)
28 Replies

ecb
Contributor II

Hello Erich,

You are right, this is a problem bound to my antivirus. If I disable it, I can compile 10 times successively with no problem at all!

javiercambra
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

Yesterday I worked with CodeWarrior and I had no problems without changing anything since day before. I was surprised...

But today the problem has appeared again. The cause has been that when I tried to compile, the build task has been blocked and I killed the process. From that moment I couldn't compile again, then, I followed the recommendation of the link in your previous message. I stopped the antivirus and now it works.

Thanks for your help!

I mention the solution:

the probem is probably caused by make deleting and creating helper .bat files. On windows, when deleted file is still referenced by other application (antivirus,windows indexing,etc), it is impossible to create file with same name. (C++/Win32: How to wait for a pending delete to complete?) Make does use same name for newly created .bat file as the one just deleted and gets 'DELETE PENDING' error.

So disabling antivirus helps, but fixing make will be much better. Also you can try o make an exception in your antivirus software.

ecb
Contributor II

Is Cygwin installed with Codewarior eclipse 10.3?

I did not find it on my HDD...

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, there is no Cygwin with CodeWarrior. But I have seen issues in the past where users have installed Cygwin, and the GNU make was diverting to the Cygwin make utility. This has been fixed at least in the MCU10.3 update1. So this was a blind shot.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello, please check below: 1. your CW is installed with admin right and you can access CW with windows admin right. 2. your project can read-write access 3. remove .metadata folder in workspace folder then build again.

0 Kudos

ecb
Contributor II

Thanks for your answer.

Before this problem, the IDE worked normally. The only operation that I made is to empty the Windows trash (I dont understand the relationship...). My session is an admin session and there is all rights on the folders. No other project compiles (in the other existing workspaces).

I removed the .metadata folder then recreated the worspace and imported existing the projects... Nothing changes even with a new basic project.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

is this problem in a specific project or a common issue for all project? do you use evaluation license but now it is expired now?

0 Kudos

ecb
Contributor II

On all my projects.

This issue seems to be unpredictable because if I launch several compilations (four or five), I obtain a complete one!

0 Kudos