illegal bitfield type 'long long' defined in CW 10.6.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

illegal bitfield type 'long long' defined in CW 10.6.4

ningwang
Contributor III

Hello, I meet illegal bitfield type 'long long' compile errors when use cw10.6.4, the code like this,

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

How can I solve this error ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

ningwang
Contributor III

Can anyone answer how to use "long long bitfield" in CW 10.6.4 of MPC56xx? And how to deal with the compiling errors?

Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

because MPC5604 is 32-bit microcontroller, compiler does not allow 64bit bitfield.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

ningwang
Contributor III

Hello Martin,

But as I know MPC5748 which in S32 studio IDE can support 64 bit filed, and it also 32-bit microcontroller, that' why? 

0 Kudos

ningwang
Contributor III

Can anyone answer how to use "long long bitfield" in CW 10.6.4 of MPC56xx? And how to deal with the compiling errors?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wang ning,

I was just aware you tried to use 64bit type.

The 64 bit support is not  a hardware native support but a software emulation support, so getting access to an intermediate 64 intermediate is  not possible., this was according to the compiler engineer leading the work on S12z compiler.

S12Z target architecture does not support in hardware neither the 64-bit long long type nor the required operation .

CW for MCU (which includes S12Z target) has 64-bit long long support emulated in software (the support can be selected in the new project wizard).

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ningwang
Contributor III

Hi Jennie, thanks for you reply. Actually I'm using MPC5604 in CW10.6.4, Can it support 64 bit long long type bitfield?

If yes, how to set the project?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ning,

I didn't know you use PPC5, I move FW your question to CW for PPC5 support engineer.

BR

Jennie Zhang.

0 Kudos

ningwang
Contributor III

OK, thanks.

0 Kudos