cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have DEMO9S08DZ60 its giving me thirdparty downloaded software error

Jump to solution
hiteshlad
Contributor I

i have purchased two DEMO9S08DZ60  board out of them one providding error related to trriming issue and when i try to load programme in it it gives third party downloaded software error i sended that error report to freescale through your software code warrier but still issue is there i checked same hardware in different computer same issue is there another one is working properly so what i do

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

from the error message, "bad argument pass to function", it is related with code. can you please upload your project here?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello

this is a connection problem, we need to check both board and SW.

1. board:

connect the board with computer, take a photo of it and upload the photo here, i need to check the board jumper setting.

2. PC SW:

CW10.2 is too old, please use CW10.6.4

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale

to avoid old associations, pls

a) create a new workspace,

b) create a new project with wizard and test this new project in this new workspace.

let me know how it works?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
hiteshlad
Contributor I

freescale.jpg

this way message comes and afterward  try retry button multiple time but it not work .

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

can you send us the photo the the problemable board while connecting computer?

did you ever try use external power supply to test it?

did you try create a new project to test it?

how it works if you use external emulator, for instance BDM Multilink?
Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
hiteshlad
Contributor I

hello sir/madam,

i never tried external power supply i apply through USB cable from laptop

and used PE multilink internal debugger of codeworrier.i tried new

workspace and new project eventhough there is same problem

some time it gives error related to trimming also

here i am attaching board photo and error screenshot please refer it,

thanks and regards,

hitesh lad

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 4:52 PM, ZhangJennie <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

i checked your demo-dz60.jpg.  the jumper setting and led status are correct.

from the log information, the flash module was not erased successfully.

I wonder the problem is on board side. I am not sure if your board/MCU is in good condition.

can you please use same computer/same cable/same project to test your other board. if if the problem is only in one board, I wonder the board or MCU is corrupt. Please use BDM port and external BDM multilink to test the board. thus we can know the corrupt part is on on-board emulator or MCU.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
hiteshlad
Contributor I

such kind of error is there

some time programme loading is possible but debugging not posible

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

from the error message, "bad argument pass to function", it is related with code. can you please upload your project here?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
hiteshlad
Contributor I

dear sir/madam,

thank you very much fro your support can guide me how i can use BDM port ?

i only used USB cable port? what other requirements are ther? powersupply

or cables?

thanks and regards,

hitesh lad

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 2:11 PM, ZhangJennie <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

refer the steps listed :

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/DEMO9S08DZ60_UG.pdf

page7, Debug Mode

Debug mode is available to the user through the integrated USB-Multilink BDM or through the use of an external HCS12/HCS08 BDM cable. Use of the integrated USB-Multilink BDM requires only a host PC with an available USB port and an A/B type USB cable. A 6-pin BDM interface header(BDM_PORT) supports the use of an external HCS12 BDM cable. The BDM_PORT header is not installed in default configuration.

here is the link for USB-Multilink BDM

www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=USBMULTILINKBDM

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
hiteshlad
Contributor I

sir i order two module at a same time one is working with 10.2 another have problem when we load it move up to 76% then simply show third party software down load and not moving in debugging mode

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please test if the same project under same CW, work for one board but can't for another. the problem may be on board side.

did you do this test?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hitesh,

Could you tell us which CodeWarrior version are you using? Also could you post an screenshot of the error?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos
hiteshlad
Contributor I

sir i have same kind of onotherboard which is functioningproperly only one board have issue so i dont think code warrior version isssue is there

0 Kudos
hiteshlad
Contributor I

i use codewarrior-10.2

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos