cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any one guide me for how to use codewarrior software

Jump to solution
mayurpaithankar
Contributor I

hi i am new in freescale programming & i am using code warrior development studio 5.9.0 version. before that i am working on PIC controller, so its quite difficult to understand me.can anyone help me

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

5.9.0 is IDE version, if you can supply CodeWarrior version, probably we can give more help. To get the CodeWarrior you are using, please: 1)Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale(Metrowerks) CodeWarrior. 2)Click on Installed Products

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
mayurpaithankar
Contributor I

thanks TICS_Fiona. Now i got the way to build code.One more think it there any Beans for 485 comm. in freescale?

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RS485 is normally UART/SCI based communications, you can use Processor Expert to help with your software. There are three components avaiable for UART/SCI communications, they are AsynchroSerial , AsynchroMaster  and AsynchroSlave. I think you can make use of AsynchroMaster and AsynchroSlave. image_png.png

0 Kudos
mayurpaithankar
Contributor I

ok.. i will try.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

from my understanding, processor expert doesn't have exact feature. while MQX can do this. MQX sample code is under C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\examples\rs485

0 Kudos
mayurpaithankar
Contributor I

Thanks for rply TICS_Fiona & JunZhang.. Now i installed CodeWarrior™ Development Studio for Microcontrollers V10.2 software.I start new project with following steps File=>New=> Bareboard Project=>name of project"abc" which is store in C:/user/workspace (as a default)=> select MC9S08SH8 MCU => P&E full chip simulation => Processor Expert => Finish. Till this its OK then i can not find .C file.can u please help mehow to genarate .C file with Proccessor expert option.

Regards

Mayur

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Or, when build the project, the code will be generated by PE, user may not manually click on the menu or button to do it.

Becuase the option 'Generate code before build automatically' is set to 'yes' by deault.

The PE generated code is placed uner 'Generated_Code' directory, user can chang this directory as well in Project Properties.Please see this screenshot.

image_png.png

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

go to IDE menu "processor expert", "generate code 'project_name.mcp'" this will generate processor expert source code.

0 Kudos
mayurpaithankar
Contributor I

i tried but still not found .C file. Please check the attachment1.png

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

PE generated code is placed under "Generated_Code", please click on the triangle to expand it. See this screeshot: image_png.png

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

my before statement is for classic Codewarrior. if you use eclipse version C10. simple way is click on "Generate Processor Expert Code" button. see below screenshot:

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. normally, ther is a Microcontrollers_Quick_Start.pdf or similar document under CW install that will guide fresh user how to start a new project step by step. 2. and {CW install}\(CodeWarrior_Examples) includes many user samples for user to reference. 3. the furthur study document is under {CW install}\Help

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

5.9.0 is IDE version, if you can supply CodeWarrior version, probably we can give more help. To get the CodeWarrior you are using, please: 1)Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale(Metrowerks) CodeWarrior. 2)Click on Installed Products

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After installing CodeWarrior, you will find some example projects in the CodeWarrior directory, usually is: \Freescale\CodeWarrior\(CodeWarrior_Examples) For how to use CodeWarrior, please view the documents in CW folder, usually is: \Freescale\CodeWarrior\Help Also there are some training ppt and videos on Freescale's website for CodeWarrior.

0 Kudos