Which is the best version to compile micocontroller MC9S12A128?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best version to compile micocontroller MC9S12A128?

georgemathew
Contributor II
Hi,

I recently downloaded an evaluation version of CodeWarrior for the HCS12 family.  I was intending to use it for the MC9S12A128 uP.  However, this uP is not listed as one of the 'derivatives' during initial project creation.  Is this processor indeed supported?

Which is the best version Of CODE WARRIOR to compile micocontroller MC9S12A128?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
9 Replies

georgemathew
Contributor II

Link Order View
The Link Order view of the Project window shows information about
how the IDE will compile or link the final output file for the project's current build
target.
The IDE links the files in order from top to bottom. For example, if file B depends on
file A, make sure that the Link Order view lists file B below file A.

what it means?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

In order to separate different type of questions, I suggest you create new thread for the new question.

Thanks!

Jennie

0 Kudos

georgemathew
Contributor II

Is only main.c added in souce directory of code warrior?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you create a project with wizard, you will see besides main.c, there are also other .c, .h. .prm files. see it

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

georgemathew
Contributor II

If i create different *.c files like RS232.c , spi.c  etc. is it necessary to add this to souce directory?

LIKE THIS

CD.JPG

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the created files are customized files. Whether adding them to the project depends on customer side. I don't know what are those files for and what's inside. 

For CW itself, it supports adding multi- files for build.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

Please use CW5.1. Attached is the video of how to download CW5.1.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

georgemathew
Contributor II

Is MC9S12A128 and MC9S12A128B are same?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can use 9s12A128B for 9s12A128 in CW5.x.

But Please know that the MC9S12A128B and the MC9S12A128 are not completely qualified,
they are pin compatible, however not necessarily code compatible depending on their errata work around,
which you can find on the link listed below:

http://www.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/errata/MSE9S12DT128_1L40K.htm?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Errata&WT... 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos