cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use MULTILINK UNIVERSAL FX With FreeMASTER

lelam
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I use CW to develop Touch for the S08PT family.
Is there any way to use FreeMASTER without using the COM port.
I am having a MULTILINK UNIVERSAL FX , can use it ?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lelam
Contributor II

Hello Mr.Steve,

I am using FreeMASTER V 2.5.13.0, it is the latest.
Maybe I need to contact PEmicro, hope they can help us?
Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

steven_mcgrath
Contributor II

Hello,

Yes PEmicro will be able to provide you with the latest files that should get you up and running with the newest version of FreeMASTER. I would suggest visiting the homepage www.pemicro.com and going to the "Support" tab. Here you can setup a Support Request and a representative will be able to provide you with the necessary files once that is done.

Steve

0 Kudos

lelam
Contributor II

Hello,

Yes, I have created a ticket code 28109, and waiting.
Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, is your problem resolved? Before using the Multilink Universal, please make sure a correct HCS08-compatible firmware is loaded to it. The Multilink firmware is updated any time you use it to download or debug an application from CodeWarrior environment. P&E Micro should also provide a firmware update/switch tool.

The FreeMASTER itself is not able to update the Multilink firmware, but it should work correctly with the Multilink and S08 family after it is updated. 

Michal

0 Kudos

steven_mcgrath
Contributor II

Hello,

The Multilink Universal FX does support FreeMASTER for the S08PT family. I would suggest downloading the newest version, FreeMASTER 2.0, so that you will have all the updated device support.

If you are unable to connect, there is a chance that some of your files need to be updated. If this is the case, contact PEmicro and we will be more than happy to help with this.

Steve

0 Kudos