cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload CW 10.6.4 project to FRDM-KE06Z using Windows 10

Jump to solution
manuelrabia
Contributor II

I have a little project on CodeWarrior 10.6.4 for FRDM-KE06Z board and I've been trying to upload it to the board unsuccessfully. I'm not sure if it's possible to do it pluggin the board directly to the usb pc port with a previous driver installed, or if it's necessary an additional hardware. 

I'll be thankful to know the method to do this, it's the last step to make this project work.

Best Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

have you loaded the OpenSDA debug firmware on your board already (P&E or Segger)?

See Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

If not, you cannot debug the board as from the factory it comes with no debug firmware loaded.

But there will be a problem for you: you need a Windows 7 machine to update the bootloader (the bootloader does not work without update on Windows 10), see above post.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

have you loaded the OpenSDA debug firmware on your board already (P&E or Segger)?

See Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

If not, you cannot debug the board as from the factory it comes with no debug firmware loaded.

But there will be a problem for you: you need a Windows 7 machine to update the bootloader (the bootloader does not work without update on Windows 10), see above post.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
manuelrabia
Contributor II

Thank you very much Erich.

I have a last little doubt, once I have updated the bootloader and firmware on Windows 7, will I be able to degug on Windows 10 too or the communication between CW 10.6.4 and the board works only on Windows 7.

0 Kudos