Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for HCS08GT8A/16A parts with OSBDM

Jump to solution
jarin
Contributor I
Hi all,
I'm not sure, if this message belongs to OSBDM or Codewarrior forum.

I want to start project using OSBDM to debug with GT16A target. I'm using CW5.1, applied patch to add support for GT16A part, but I'm unable to select OSBDM as debugger for this part. For GT16 (non-A) it is possible to select OSBDM. See figures here
http://www.jednocipy.kvalitne.cz/osbdm/CW-e1.gif
and here
http://www.jednocipy.kvalitne.cz/osbdm/CW-e2.gif

Just for test, I tried to select GT16 part in CW and everything seems to work correctly, Hiwave asked me to select proper device, MCUID for GT16 and GT16A part, after selecting GT16A (so Hiwave knows GT16A and OSBDM can work with GT16A) I'm able to debug my GT16A target.

Is there something I did wrong so that I can't select OSBDM for GT16A target in CW5.1?

Thanks for your time
Jarin
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Jarin,

It is the right board for this question :smileywink:

From a first look, it seems to me that CodeWarrior developper forgot to include the OSBDM target.

May I please kindly ask you to Submit a new Service Request through the portal?
This way it will be forwarded to the right team.
As a SR leaves a written track, this should change CodeWarrior patch release process for it to include OSBDM all the time, as it happens for others to be added in the past.

Cheers,
Alban.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello again,

Whilst the issue is being processed, you can still work by creating a project for another target.
For instance chose "P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro".
Then you can change the target in HiWave and select OSBDM.

I prefer my solution better (of course :smileyvery-happy:) because the project is setup as the device you really want to use.
If, for instance, a bit changed polarity between GT16 and GT16A you will spend days trying to find the problem. And it will be because declaration files are different.

Cheers... again,
Alban.
jarin
Contributor I
Thanks Alban,
I did what you recommended, it was my first Service Request :smileyhappy:

Also thanks for your suggestion about my problem, your solution IS definitely better, my first workaround was more fast than good.

Cheers,
Jarin
0 Kudos
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Jarin,

It is the right board for this question :smileywink:

From a first look, it seems to me that CodeWarrior developper forgot to include the OSBDM target.

May I please kindly ask you to Submit a new Service Request through the portal?
This way it will be forwarded to the right team.
As a SR leaves a written track, this should change CodeWarrior patch release process for it to include OSBDM all the time, as it happens for others to be added in the past.

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos