cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a design using PE for MKL05Z32VFM4

Jump to solution
steve_fae
Senior Contributor I

Where can we get a CW patch to support development for the QFN package?  My current 10.3 install doesn't call out this device.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
steve_fae
Senior Contributor I

its cool, turns out there is a secret patch that should be released soon.  my local FAE loaded me up, so I am good now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

In my experience, the actual package that you are using in PE really does not matter, so long as the "logical" pins you need are there. PE does not really know about the actual pins, just don't use the PE "picture" as a reference for which physical pin maps to the function you are programming.

So, if you set an ADC input to ADC_SE8, PE will generate the code for that "function" not knowing or caring which chip pin it really is. That is to use PTB0 it is the same code regardless of the pin.

0 Kudos
steve_fae
Senior Contributor I

Hey Jim, customer has the KL05 FRDM board and wants to target the new

QFN package. Was wondering how to make this easy.

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Well, you use the RM or datasheet to get the pin out for design, and I don't know that having the correct picture really makes it any easier, because in PE you don't select pins by pin number you select them by pin function (i.e. ADC_SE8). Normally the schematic has the pin number and the MCU function as well as the function of the board.

For example, say PTB0 is pin 10 and the function on the board is BLUE_LED. So you know that to control the blue led, you need to use PTB0 - and as I said in PE you would not select "pin 10" in the property sheet, you would select PTB0.

Also, the modules in the picture (e.g. ADC0) will still be the same if you click on them in the hardware view.

Presumably, the same functions would be used, and the code would be the same regardless of the package.

0 Kudos
steve_fae
Senior Contributor I

its cool, turns out there is a secret patch that should be released soon.  my local FAE loaded me up, so I am good now.

0 Kudos