cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SREC file is incompatible with FlashRunner tool

timmeversmeyer
Contributor I

Hello,

we are using the FlashRunner FR04A08 (FlashRunner Quatro Series - smh-technologies) for production programming in our factory. Since we switched to version 10.4 of Codewarrior we can't use the SREC-file anymore to program DSC (MC56F8014).

Are there any known issues with the FlashRunner tool and the newer version of Codewarrior? Is there any tool to correct the SREC-file?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Does the FlashRunner FR04A08 have any request for S-record file?  Could you please contact smh for the request?

The S-record file generated by CodeWarrior for DSC is in S37 format.

The S3 data records targeted for X shall have an offset of 0x02000000 added to their byte

address fields. For the S-Record Specification for DSC, Please refer to Appendix A in this document:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/app_note/AN3118.pdf

Best Regards

Fiona

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

timmeversmeyer
Contributor I

The SREC file uses word based addresses. But the software tool from SMH expects byte based addresses. Is there an option in Codewarrior to export a SREC file with byte based addresses?

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior v10.4 can generate S-record file with Byte Address for DSC, please

1)  place mouse on the Project in CodeWarrior Project View, right click mouse to select 'Properties'

2)  On the Windows of Project Properties, expand "C/C++ Build->Settings".

3)  Under <Tools Settings> tab, expand "DSC Linker -> Output"

4)  Enable the option 'Generate S-Record File' and 'Generate Byte Addresses'

0 Kudos

timmeversmeyer
Contributor I

I found a document about creating S19 and hex files from a Codewarrior output file. The method is documented for the HC(S)08/RS08 architecture.

Is there a similar way for the MC56800E DSCs?

http://www.coe.montana.edu/ee/rlarimer/EE465/Codewarrior%20Info/Microcontrollers_FAQ_Guide.pdf     (chapter 2.2.23)

0 Kudos