Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MQX project with CW 10.7

Jump to solution
janos_murai
Contributor III

Hi,

how can I add the New MQX project menu option for PowerPC based MCUs in CodeWarrior v10.7? In the Install new software menu, I only see the new project option for ColdFire and ARM based processors.
If there is not official add-on for this purpose, how can I create my own menu option in CW?

Thank you!

János Murai

Labels (1)
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Janos,

You are right, it should be somewhere in XML file. Unfortunately, I do not know where exactly.

In fact, the New MQX Project wizard is plugin installed by MQX into CW. So, it is still technically part of MQX installation.

The wizard files are located at:

"c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.7\MCU\lib\wizard_data\mqx\.."

When I edit mqx_PPC_Families.xml file and change “<elementChoice hideIfEmpty="true"” to “<elementChoice hideIfEmpty="false"”, the Power PC option appears in New MQX project wizard (empty folder). So, there probably missing some files with PPC configurations.

Probably “ppc” folder with the files like “mqx_twrpxn20.xml” and maybe something more.

You may use Kinetis/ColdFire configuration as template….

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Janos,

If I remember correctly, the PowerPC MCUs was supported in MQX only through PX series MCUs.

Since this PX series was cut off from our portfolio, the CW do not support that platform from version 10.6 (the last version which supports PX series was CW10.5). Also, the MQX in newer versions didn’t support these MCUs and the last version which supports PX series was MQX4.1.0.

If you need help with MQX and PowerPC MCUs, please contact our partner Embeded Access:

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/connect/displayPartnerProfile.sp?partnerId=1-6S4A-11

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

janos_murai
Contributor III

The project settings must be stored in an XML file or something. If I could just copy those files everytime I create a new project it would help me a lot! Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Janos,

You are right, it should be somewhere in XML file. Unfortunately, I do not know where exactly.

In fact, the New MQX Project wizard is plugin installed by MQX into CW. So, it is still technically part of MQX installation.

The wizard files are located at:

"c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.7\MCU\lib\wizard_data\mqx\.."

When I edit mqx_PPC_Families.xml file and change “<elementChoice hideIfEmpty="true"” to “<elementChoice hideIfEmpty="false"”, the Power PC option appears in New MQX project wizard (empty folder). So, there probably missing some files with PPC configurations.

Probably “ppc” folder with the files like “mqx_twrpxn20.xml” and maybe something more.

You may use Kinetis/ColdFire configuration as template….

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

janos_murai
Contributor III

Radek,

This is a really good quick start for me! Thank you for your help!

All the best,

János

0 Kudos
janos_murai
Contributor III

Radek,
Thanks for your answer!

I know that you don't provide MQX support for PowerPC anymore, so I cloned the PXS20 MCU's BSP/PSP for our MPC5644A (not really working yet tough...). I also can create an MQX application, but only manually. It would be so nice if we could set everything up with a wizard, and not adding all the dependencies, build settings and so on one-by-one.
I wonder if there's a way to create custom menu options, wizards for CW?
I don't think that Embedded Access can help me out in this topic, since my problem is about the CW not MQX.

Have a nice day too :smileyhappy:

János

0 Kudos