Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTILINK UNIVERSAL Rev -B is not working for KINETICS only

Jump to solution
vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using my own board of MKV10Z32VLC7, Initially the multilink is working fine with my board, after wards its not working for kinetics only. I just programmed the PA16 processor with PORT-C is working fine but not with PORT-B(Kinetics). Blue LED glows when I connect to the CPU and ORANGE when I connect to target board.

When I used to connect with other multilink my board get programmed with same cable and connector.

What should get I do for that??

173498_173498.JPGCapture.JPG

Am using Rev - B(GREEN Color) Multilink Universal

173499_173499.jpgUMultilink_BD.jpg

When I connect to Rev - C(BLUE Color) Multilink Universal Its working fine for same board.

173500_173500.jpgp_15320137_L.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

portC is BDM interface while portB is for ARM. They use different port with different pin connection. PortC working normal can't guarantee other ports work normal too.

I have considered all the SW and firmware factors, If you already tested your Umultilink on other two more computers with creating a new brand project in a new workspace, and the result is still failing to work, I think mostly the problem is on UMultilink PORTC related cable, circuit, or firmware damaged.

The last points I can think of is to try another cable for PORTB. I myself and also my customers ever met similar error when PORT cable was broken. Replaced it with another cable can fix the issue.

I also suggest you change another PC USB port to check if the problem is bounded with a dedicate USB port.

last, as UMULTILINK is P&E product. I suggest you also contact P&E for other possible suggestions.

www.pemicro.com/

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

My Multilink Universal B can work well with kinetis from my side.

when Multilink Universal works with kinetis, it use Kinetis firmware. most of the default Multilink universal firmware is for HCS08, we must change its firmware to kinetis firmware with USB Multilink Universal (and FX) Resource CD .

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

I did the same firmware update for kinetics but it remains the same error. Is there any other possibilities for this ??

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please check these two points:

1. when connects the Multilink universal,check windows deice manager. Can it be recognized by system?

2. did you try Multilink universal port F? can this port work normal?

3. Here is the driver for P&E hardware interface. please install it, restart computer and try again.

4. If still can not download, please test it on another computer. we need to verify if the problem is because of Multilink universal itself.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi,

I just tried all the methods suggested by you. I checked the device manager its fine and I have installed P&E hardware interface again. But the result is same.

Its not working in other system too. I didn't tried in PORT-F but this MULTILINK was already in working with kinetics and I programmed with the same. But its not working now with kinetics but working fine with PORT-C.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

portC is BDM interface while portB is for ARM. They use different port with different pin connection. PortC working normal can't guarantee other ports work normal too.

I have considered all the SW and firmware factors, If you already tested your Umultilink on other two more computers with creating a new brand project in a new workspace, and the result is still failing to work, I think mostly the problem is on UMultilink PORTC related cable, circuit, or firmware damaged.

The last points I can think of is to try another cable for PORTB. I myself and also my customers ever met similar error when PORT cable was broken. Replaced it with another cable can fix the issue.

I also suggest you change another PC USB port to check if the problem is bounded with a dedicate USB port.

last, as UMULTILINK is P&E product. I suggest you also contact P&E for other possible suggestions.

www.pemicro.com/

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos