cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13193 clock out setup

Sandor
Contributor I
Hey all,
does anyone know where I could obtain a register map for the MC13193 and an explanation thereof?

I want to set it up to give me a different clock out signal then the default value in the Figure8 Stack.

I can use something like:
"phy_write_spi(ABEL_regA, SOME_HEX_NUMBER);//xx kHz radio clock out".
But what other values are possible? And while we are at it, what other options do we have with this radio? The data sheet does NOT give me any such details!! It just mentions that the default is such and such, and that's it. Whoever wrote the header file AbelReg.h must have had a source for all this information.

Where is a good AppNote on this?

Sándor
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Cheesehead
Contributor I

Hello Sandor,

Rocco is right with his 'marketing' statement, in fact the following is the case :

MC13191   2.4 GHz Transceiver, Reduced Function device (RFD)  

MC13192   2.4 GHz Tranceiver, Full Function Device (or FFD)

MC13193   2.4 GHz Transceiver, FFD + ZigBee socket License (few $cents).

The last device is indeed the MC13192 as the actual device, so use this manual instead of looking for the MC13193, which fysically does not exist. The MC13192 is fully ZigBee compliant, so it supports this, but to use this commercially you are entitled to pay the socket license also, so you can order the MC13193 from Freescale to get this arranged.

For a good example and a registermap; take a look on the Freescale website with the url : www.freescale.com/zigbee, go to the software section and scroll down till you see the SMAC 4.1.a version; download this and you have your information.

In the hardware section you also find the Reference manual (MC13192RM) for the MC13192, which also includes the registermap, as Rocco mentioned already.

Regards,

Cheesehead

0 Kudos

magic
Contributor I
Hi all...

I have a similar entry regarding this topic. This is pertaining the application PER TX. mcp. Referring to smac_per_tx.c source file, line 185 ( delay(3) ) and line 337 are related. My question is based on the timer setting in line 337, what is the delay duration of delay(3)? is it possible to change the value of line 337 or TPM1MOD = 625; to TPM1MOD = 625.4; i.e. using floating point value?

Thank you
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
I think what you need is the "MC13192 Reference Manual". I believe that the only difference between the MC13192 and the MC13193 is the marketing. You should be able to get it here:

http://www.freescale.com/files/rf_if/doc/ref_manual/MC13192RM.pdf

Hope it helps.
0 Kudos