Is it possible to run multiple Debug sessions in Codewarrior Eclipse?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run multiple Debug sessions in Codewarrior Eclipse?

Jump to solution
Charlie
Contributor III

CodeWarrior for MCU
Version: 10.6
Build Id:140329

Targeting two 56800E processors.

Connecting to both via a USB tap.

Our set up is that we have two identical processors on the same PCB that communicate with each other. I would like to have a debug session running on each, in case I would like to break on certain communication events.

I have two USB Tap probes. I have set it up so that one project targets one USB Tap and the other project targeting the other Tap.

This works fine if I run one debug session at a time. They properly target the right USB tap.

However, if I try to run both debug sessions at the same time, the second one I start throws the error:

Error launching [ProjectName] ldm external memory
CCSProtocolPlugin : CW found a living connection on CCS. It should be closed in order to connect again

I've done some poking around and internet searches and have been unable to figure out if there is something I need to change, or if this is just not possible, but have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Charles,

We can't debug Multiple board with USB TAP.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Charles,

We can't debug Multiple board with USB TAP.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Charlie
Contributor III

Disappointing, but thanks for the response.

Nice to know I'm not an idiot who couldn't figure it out.

0 Kudos