Is CodeWarrior for MCU (10.6) using GCC compiler by default ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is CodeWarrior for MCU (10.6) using GCC compiler by default ?

ssinfod
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm building a project for the Coldfire 52233 MCU.

Q1)  I would like to know if CodeWarrior for MCU (10.6) is using GCC as the (default) compiler ?

I see this value in the project settings: "${CF_ToolsDir}/mwccmcf" ?

What is this compiler ?

Q2) Is there a way to use GCC as the compiler for the Coldfire ? Can I use GCC  in CodeWarrior 10.6 ?

Where should I get GCC for coldfire (Is nxp/freescale providing a GCC toolchain ?)

What do I have to change to use GCC in CodeWarrior ?

Is there a Code Size limit when If I use GCC ?  (right now, I think I have a 128K limit in the Special Edition).

Q3) Maybe GCC is not the default compiler for the Coldfire.

However, is CodeWarrior using GCC as the default compiler for other MCU ? (ex: Kinetis, etc.)

Thanks for your time,

ssinfod

Labels (1)
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ssinfod

Q1)

This Compiler locates at:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\ColdFire_Tools\Command_Line_Tools

And it is supplied by NXP, not GCC compiler.

Q2)

CodeWarrior includes a non-GNU compiler for bar board (or RTOS) ColdFire targets. And you can integrate any toolchain you want into Eclipse. And n code size limit if build with external GCC toolchain.  The links below may be helpful to you.

https://community.freescale.com/thread/23739

https://community.freescale.com/thread/301211

Q) CodeWarrior v10.6 for MCU

CodeWarrior does include the GNU toolchain for Kinetis targets, but not for others including S08,S12Z,DSC, Coldfire and MPC56xx.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos