cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initilization of vector startup error

gopal_jadhav
Contributor II

hello,

Hi i am using code warrior. Earlier i was using MC9S12C128 microcontroller and due to the lack of memory we planned on using MC9S12XEQ512 controller ic. i replaced everything related to the new controller and made all possible chnages. the only error i am getting now is Linker Messages: L1108: Initializing of Vector <Name> failed because of <Reason>.

so for this what am i suppose to do? 

thank you,

gopal 

Labels (1)
11 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Here is the description and tips for L1108

Linker Messages: L1108: Initializing of Vector <Name> failed because of <Reason>

Description

The linker cannot initialize the named vector because of some target restrictions. Some processors do not imply any restrictions, while others do only allow the VECTORs to point into a certain address range or have alignment constraints.

Tips

Try to allocate the interrupt function in a special segment and allocate this segment separately.
Please check how did you define the interrupt vectors.
Have a nice day,
Jun Zhang

gopal_jadhav
Contributor II

hii Zhang,

can you help me out with what all changes i have to do in the code. i am attaching the screenshot where the startup if defined.Untitled.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

from your screenshot. there is warning C4401. Is this related with the original que?

Please send me your demo project and tell me which error message you want to fix?

0 Kudos

gopal_jadhav
Contributor II

see thats the error i got.1.png2.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please set startup to vector 0:

VECTOR 0 _Startup

If this can't help you fix the problem, send me your demo project rather than screenshots. I need to reproduce first.

0 Kudos

bigyan_gautam
Contributor I

MC9S12DT256, I got similar problems when I added a few lines of code to an already existing project. Is this some memory issue and how can it be solved?

0 Kudos

gopal_jadhav
Contributor II

I did try that chnaging it to 0. Its still popping that error. where should i send you the demo project?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can reply here, choose Use advanced editor. 

then upload your attachment.

0 Kudos

gopal_jadhav
Contributor II

Hii zhang,

I have attached the prm file which is containing error. So basically due to the memory issue we changed the controller from 128 to 512 so we did possible changes for that in our code now in this file its showing this vector startup failed error. So please go through my code an tell me what should I change.

Thank you

Gopal

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I suspect the problem is caused by the fact you placed Startup and even NON_BANKED sections into banked memory.

Interrupt vector table is composed from near pointers entries (2 bytes)  so typically routines must be placed into non-banked memory.

so I'd suggest to enter change the placement for these sections in prm.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As I request before, what I need is demo project rather than a separated prm file. 

Please send demo project for reproduction.

0 Kudos