cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexer syntax error on interrupt key word

niba
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm currently working on an automotive project using S12Z microcontroller and CodeWarrior Development Studio 10.6.4 (Eclipse).

On the following line of code I have an Indexer syntax error.

static interrupt VectorNumber_Vtim0ch7 void timer_handler(void)

A question mark is displayed on the left bar. But no problems are visible on the Problems view. And the compiler is able to compile. So that is an IDE problem. How can I avoid such a behavior of CodeWarrior IDE?

I found similar error reports here but none solution.

Thank you very much

Nikolai

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nikolai,

Firstly , thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Yes, this is a CW IDE editor bug , no impact for your code, just now , you can ignore it,

do not care about it . I will report it to the CW for Editor team , and will tell

you after I get a reply.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

niba
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

thank you for your response.

I don't think this is a compiler bug. The S12Z compiler (mwccs12lisa) does not complain about this line of code. But the IDE does.

The IDE has an Indexer which creates a data base with all symbols and references within the project. The keyword "interrupt" is not defined anywhere, so the Indexer does not know that it is. "Interrupt" is not a macro like e.g. VectorNumber_Vtim0ch7 defined in mc9s12zvc64.h.

I tried to cheat the Indexer and created a file with interrupt definition (#define interrupt 0) but without success. The syntax error was still there. Although the Indexer knew the interrupt now and jumped to the definition on "Open Declaration".

You are right. It is not a problem for the compiler. But it looks ugly and I don't have a syntax highlighting within the interrupt routine.

Best regards

Nikolai

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nikolai,

Yes, it is a CW editor bug, i have reported it to CW team.

Thanks!

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

PedroBecerra
Contributor III

Two years has passed and the bug is not fixed in CW 10.6.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Four years has passed and the bug is not fixed in

- CodeWarrior for MCU
Version: 11.1
Build Id:181224

0 Kudos