I can't set up break points in the source editor(code worrior 5.0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't set up break points in the source editor(code worrior 5.0)

HarrySun
Contributor I
anybody can help? please,I can't set up break points in the source editor(code worrior 5.0),I can only do this in the debugger

when I click on the left-most column on the line on which I want to break,a red dot indeed appears, but it doesn't stop in the debugger.
I tried to seek some info in the help menu and found that it say i miss the DAC programm which is said being included in the installation disks under "addons" directory. However, I searched all the disks ,I thaven't found this file,though I indeed found the addons directory.

please help solve the problem, this feature is very convient and I need this.

thanks a million.

Harry

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

HarrySun
Contributor I
sorry, I should give more details, I think.
I am developing a Qg8 based board and use the standard free version of CW.

thanks
0 Kudos

Nabla69
Contributor V
Hello HarrySun,

It is not possible to get the breakpoint in the source file working in the debugger when working on HC(S)08.
That is at least what I was told when I had the same issue as you.
This kind of breakpoint works on some other types of devices though.
It is not a bug.

A.

joerg
Contributor II
Hi
as Nabla69 says this is simply fact since i use CW for simulating and debugging. If you are debugging this is boring, because you have to set the breakpoints every time when you enter the debugger/simulator. In this case i am writing a command file (*.cmd) with BS commands
IE BS INI_S (EBS08 entry point) or BS INI_S+1 etc. to clear all breakpoints use BC *.

Saluti Joerg

I forgot: the command pull down menu is only available if the command window is active!

Message Edited by joerg on 2007-01-2411:20 AM