How to write s19 to 9s12c64?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write s19 to 9s12c64?

saminorman
Contributor I

I bought a p&e micro multilink-universal and p&e micro universal-cyclone programmer. 

I have C code and s19 file for programming to blank mc9s12c64.

I want to program the blank mc9s12c64, but I wonder how I may program it. :smileysad: Could you please let me know how I could do it?

What software do I need?

How to write s19 to 9s12c64?

I'm student at, can you help me solve my problem step by step? :smileysad:

Thanx

Sami

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sami,

You can use CW debugger (hiwave) or 3rd party company sandalone programmer(not free but professional) to program burning file to chip.

NXP only has CW hiwave debugger for programming :

To program S record file into flash with P&E USB multilink universal, we need make sure Multilink universal's firmware support HCS12.

then the simplest programming way is as below:

The method is as below:

1. make sure the hardware is well connected with PC.
  2. open Hiwave debugger “Hiwave.exe” in {Your CW install directory}\prog
  3. then in debugger, go to menu “component”, “set connection…”. In new pop-up small dialog, in the dropdown list, select COLDFIRE and P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro. Click OK to close this dialog.
  4. go to menu “CFMultilinkCyclonePro”, “Select derivative”, select the right device chip.(the debugger will automatically pops up windows to remind you set it too)
  5. go to menu “CFMultilinkCyclonePro”, “connect”, Set the right connection. (the debugger will automatically pops up windows to remind you set it too)
  6. go to menu “File”, “Load application…”. Import the .s19 file into debugger. You could have a browse the content at the memory window of the debugger, it should be in coincidence with the s-record file.
  7. Press F5 to run. The code should download into the flash.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos