How to generate an s19 with 16-bit address...?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate an s19 with 16-bit address...?

dougpaulsen
Contributor IV

Codewarrior 10.4 for HCS08 micros by default generates an s19 file with 32-bit addresses for each record.  Is there a way change the Codewarrior 10 output to .s19 files with 16-bits (2-bytes) addresses?

We have some old roll-your-own tools that are expecting .s19 files in the 16-bit (i.e., 2-byte) address format, from the good ol' days of Codewarrior 6.  It's not to difficult to change them with SRecord (a highly recommended tool for your toolkit) but it's an extra step.  Something as flexible as Eclipse must have a switch that controls the output format hidden in there somewhere....

I think I saw something about this once upon a time, but of course now that it's of interest Google has let me down and I can't find the comments anywhere.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

dougpaulsen
Contributor IV

I had been using SRecord to correct the address width (a highly recommended tool to keep handy).  I was not sure whether burner.bbl was actually used by CW10.  A brief encounter with Build_Tool_Utilities.pdf seems to be stating that it is a utility to serially output a program file to a device programmer, however it seems it is, in fact, part of generating output.  As the "SRECORD=Sx" parameter works as advertised it will suit my needs very well.

Thank you!

doug

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In addition, you can also use separate tool to do the srecord conversion:

S-Record Manipulation with GNU objcopy and Burner Utility | MCU on Eclipse 

Or

use the SRecord tool (SRecord 1.64 )

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Doug,

Different Srecords type are for different address length. for example:

pastedImage_1.png

Thus, if we need 2-byte address type, we need set srecord type as S1 in burner.bbl file

pastedImage_2.png

Does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos