How to deal with the problem '56800E GDI Protocol: Can't load gdi dll' when debugging? My software version is   CodeWarrier for Microcontrollers V8.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with the problem '56800E GDI Protocol: Can't load gdi dll' when debugging? My software version is   CodeWarrier for Microcontrollers V8.3

Jump to solution
chenxudong
Contributor II

My program runs successfully in another computer. The version is same. But I have failed many times with my own computer. I'm not sure if i missed something when setup the software.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
chenxudong
Contributor II

Now I think the device driver is ok. But i still have the problem 'gdi protocol'. And the massege have changed from 'cant load gdi dll' to 'cant connect'. I want to show you my screenshot.

PS: I run this software in VMware virtual machine with WIN XP(because my computer system is win8 64bit). And the pictures below shows condition of the virtual machine(WIN XP).

20140914194051.jpg    driver and connection is OK, right?

20140914194707.jpg     the dll file

20140914194519.jpg

20140914194534.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you using the same hardware board on another computer? Would you please help me to check:

1) The connection setting in CodeWarrior

Please open Target Settings by ‘ALT’+’F7’ key, then go to Debugger->Remote Debugging panel. If you would like to use OSBDM for debugging, please choose <56800E Local FSL OSBDM Connection>. Then click on “Edit Connection” button. On the pop-up window, please check whether you have set the GDL DLL correctly. The default location of OSBDM GDI dll is: {Compiler}bin\Plugins\Support\OSBDM\osbdm-jm60_gdi_dsc.dll.

2)The OSBDM driver

Please power on your board and connect it with PC, open Device manager, can you see this device?

chenxudong
Contributor II

Thank you for your help. I only have one MC56F8257 board in my lab.

I have checked the first one, The  location of OSBDM GDI dll is {Compiler}bin\Plugins\Support\OSBDM\osbdm-jm60_gdi_dsc.dll.

I will follow your second suggestion and see the result later, maybe 3 days later. Would you please help me then?

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just update this forum post, and we will be very glad to help you.

0 Kudos
chenxudong
Contributor II

I can see a new usb device in device maneger. But I think the driver is not correctly installed. Where can I find the device driver? I have installed 'codewarrier', 'freemaster' and  'GM60 GUI' from the disc.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When J20 jumper is installed, its OSBDM function is enabled, and it works as OSBDM. When J20 is removed, its USB Serial Bridge function is enabled. So please install J20 jumper. And the driver should be installed automatically,  the driver is also included in CodeWarrior v8.3, usually is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.3\drivers\osbdm\OSBDM-JM60.inf

I attached a screenshot which shows OSBDM is installed  successfully.

0 Kudos
chenxudong
Contributor II

Now I think the device driver is ok. But i still have the problem 'gdi protocol'. And the massege have changed from 'cant load gdi dll' to 'cant connect'. I want to show you my screenshot.

PS: I run this software in VMware virtual machine with WIN XP(because my computer system is win8 64bit). And the pictures below shows condition of the virtual machine(WIN XP).

20140914194051.jpg    driver and connection is OK, right?

20140914194707.jpg     the dll file

20140914194519.jpg

20140914194534.jpg

0 Kudos
chenxudong
Contributor II
0 Kudos
chenxudong
Contributor II
0 Kudos
chenxudong
Contributor II