Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert MCU MC9S08 CW6.3 code to CW11

Jump to solution
mohammad_kamil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

One of the customer has production code based on CW6.3 on MCU MC9S08 and now he wants to move it to CW11. Let us know how to do it with minimal effort. The old code in CW6.3 is developed using PE.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi  Kamil Kamil 

There is no CodeWarrior importor that can import CW6.3 project to CW11 directly.

We suggest you create a new processor expert project under CW11 then add source code part by part.

we can also refer

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4727.pdf 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mohammad_kamil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ZhangJennie‌, Thanks for quick reply.

I created new project with PE (processor Expert) and added other project files to new project. 

Now i am facing two issues.

1. I deleted "main.c" file generated by project vizard and added old project "main.c" files and in PE choosen dont generate code. but still whenever i try to build code it generates its own "main.c" files, so we get error of duplication main function.

2. Some time it done generate its own "main.c" file when build but getting error "Out of allocation space in segment RAM at address 0x241" though this is production code and had no error.

With Regards

Kamil

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kamil

as we discussed, CW11 will generate more code size and for .bss and .common which eats up more RAM size.

My suggestion is to reduce stack size to save RAM space.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi  Kamil Kamil 

There is no CodeWarrior importor that can import CW6.3 project to CW11 directly.

We suggest you create a new processor expert project under CW11 then add source code part by part.

we can also refer

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4727.pdf 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:

0 Kudos