cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure multiple PWM outputs using FRDM-KE06Z and CW 10.6.4

Jump to solution
manuelrabia
Contributor II

I have experience using CW 5.1 for HCS12 with Processor Expert, it was very easy to add PWM beans and asign an output to them. Now I'm trying to configure six different PWM outputs and five different Timer Interruptions, but it is not as easy as drag and drop the beans and assing an output. I can see that every PWM "module" needs a Timer Unit and the Output pin available depends on the TU that is selected. It's ok triying to configure one single PWM, but when I try to add two or more the available output pins get "locked".

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Manuel,

About the ke06 chip, the FTM2 have six channel , and the six can all used by PWM outputs.

So when you configure the PWM on CW10.6.4-PE, please select the FTM2 , then can add six PWM channel :

pastedImage_0.png

If i misunderstand you , could you please send a screenshot tell me what's meaning  “the available output pins get "locked". ”

Hope it helps

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Manuel,

About the ke06 chip, the FTM2 have six channel , and the six can all used by PWM outputs.

So when you configure the PWM on CW10.6.4-PE, please select the FTM2 , then can add six PWM channel :

pastedImage_0.png

If i misunderstand you , could you please send a screenshot tell me what's meaning  “the available output pins get "locked". ”

Hope it helps

Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

maidana
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I need generate a pwm signal and read the signal with the oscilloscope in a output pin in FRDM-ke06z board .

Can you help me?

best regards,

Wellington

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wellington ,

What about your problem , could you please tell me in detail ?

And you'd better ask one question as a new talk , that the question will be checked by us sooner , and also

more people can check it out , then the question will be solved faster.

BR

Alice

manuelrabia
Contributor II

Hi Alice !

Your response has been ver very usefull. Now I have 6 PWM outputs with no conflict, actually I was adding the PWM with the green icon (Hihg level component I guess) and could't make it work.

Anyway, it's working now, thank you very much.

Kind Regards !

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK , Manuel Rabia, congratulation !

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos