How to check which license.dat is referred by CodeWarrior for S12(X) Microcontrollers v5.x (classic)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check which license.dat is referred by CodeWarrior for S12(X) Microcontrollers v5.x (classic)?

Rhyme
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a customer who has purchased CodeWarrior for S12(X) basic edition annual update.

Although the license.dat seems to be generated OK, CodeWarrior does not seem to be

referring the license.dat and in the top line of the generated map file there is a word  "EVALUATION."

Even when I asked the customer to remove the license.dat from the CodeWarrior installed folder,

his CodeWarrior starts without problem, on the other hand when I tried the same my CodeWarrior

on my PC displays an error dialog noticing that there is no license file available and quit proceeding.

So I'm afraid that somehow on his PC, CWS12v5.x is referring another license file

or it is thinking that it is an evaluation version.

Would someone teach me following?

(Q1) Is/are there method to check which license file the CodeWarrior is accessing?

(Q2) Is/are there information hidden somewhere to tell the CodeWarrior that it an Evaluation version?

Best Regards,

8-Nov-2016

Motoo Tanaka

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rhyme
Contributor III

Hi, Jennie-san,

Thank you very much for your kind suggestion(s)!

Although I have forwarded your answer to the customer,

I'm afraid that I have already done the same thing(s) when I visited the customer.

But I asked the customer to try these again anyway.

Meantime, I suggested the customer that in case these suggestions

do not work, add LM_LICENSE_FILE with correct value in the environment variable.

I will report the outcome.

Best Regards,

9-Nov-2016

Motoo Tanaka

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I don't know if your customer has some other version CW or license file installed in your PC. I suggest perform a search with "license.dat" in the hard disk, then rename all "license.dat" to "license.dat.bk". This is to avoid the effect of other license.dat file.

Please also check if the LM_LICENSE_FILE path, it should include the license of CW6.3, please suppress following environment variable: LM_LICENSE_FILE in the right path. The  environment variable can be setting by click "start", "settings", "control panel", "system", "Advanced", "environment variable". (See attached screenshot)

The value of LM_LICENSE_FILE should be {your CW license install path}\license.dat

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos